Sunday, October 28, 2018

BSA 204 W16 : Different Approach

I found this in writer duet from last week - a different approach to the same doctor scene that I started.

INT. DOCTOR'S OFFICE - DAY
BARTHOLOMEW
It's not good on my heart Doc, I tell ya I need something different!
DOC DAN
Well hold your horses there now slick, what you're asking is highly unorthodox.
BARTHOLOMEW
All I'm asking is to get some sleep for once! Is that so much?
DOC DAN
Well now it's not what you're asking, granted many people have trouble with insomnia, but the context in which you've presented your case has me seriously concerned sir!
BARTHOLOMEW
The context of my case is that I've tried doctor after doctor and each in turn have directed me from proper treatment to psychiatry.
DOC DAN
You must understand why? Your claims are very unusual.
Beat.
BARTHOLOMEW
(offended)
Claims?
DOC DAN
(defensively)
I didn't mean it that way. I just--maybe I don't completely comprehend your situation.
BARTHOLOMEW
I'm telling you that it is a heart condition!
DOC DAN
Yes but exactly how? I'm not sure I completely understand, maybe you could just give it to me again?

2.
BARTHOLOMEW
Sure. Where do we start? On a weekly, or sometimes even bi-weekly, basis I have been experiencing hallucinations of a sort. Where there is a loud noise and a big fright and my heart is coming closer and closer to stopping again.
DOC DAN
Yes. As you say. But what exactly do you see in these hallucinations?


I didn't get very far before deciding to not take this approach, but I remember that I looked at the script for Psycho to find inspiration.

I'm thinking this might actually be more fun to film and I just have to build the film off of this stylistic base. But then originally I had the films of Yorgos Lanthimos serving as a great stylistic inspiration so i just need to go back to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment