Wednesday, October 31, 2018

BSA 227 W16 : Compositing Hell

This week I composited my filmed project, a bevy of things went awry. Where do I begin?

1. Didn't film more
2. What I did film had no VFX or story tie in
3. Computers kept crashing and Camera Track wasn't working
4. Lost some of my shots
5. Lacked audio for others



I looked at this screen far too often, at times I had multiple computers going just to try and get one of them to go through the whole


I would have liked to put different drawings on the whiteboard - like a dick-butt or something - which I would have tracked, create a null object, pre-compose the solid, then place the the PNG above the solid and delete it, taking on the path of the solid - then changed the opacity on the drawing to blend it better.

I actually did a test to see if this would work first, it was with a dick-butt, unfortunately I didn't save this and lost it when I changed rooms.


I tried green screening the phone in Kiarne's hand here. It didn't work out great, the second one was a bit better because I changed the shape of his hand and the case of the phone on photoshop first.


The title worked well, I used the rotoscope brush to achieve this, and refined it a bit when it was too rough.

There was a lot more that I wanted to do:

- Explode Matthew's head at the end
- Put a mustache on him
- Replace mic with actual handheld mic
- More text/lyric type stuff
- And most importantly stuff on whiteboard.

It wasn't a great time and I am very unhappy with the final product but at least there is something here. I feel like premiere just wasn't cooperating, but then I shouldn't have left it so late.

No comments:

Post a Comment