Thursday, June 14, 2018

BSA 234 (Cinematography) Week 16 : Drama Film Wrap Up

This week in class we had a screening and critique of everyone's finished drama films. With exception to mine and Marcus'. Where Marcus had a reason behind the absence of his picture (family hospitalization), I just didn't end up making or handing anything in. It's hard to explain why I didn't hand anything in, but that's how it happened.

I thought all the films were a lot of fun, the one thing that stood out to me personally is just that they all still feel very much like student projects and this is ignoring the writing, directing, acting etc. Focusing just on the cinematography I think we still have trouble with the basics of lighting a scene. Although that seems to be a personal hold-back, since on set everyone else seems to understand what's going on with the lighting, where a lot of the time I feel like we're just moving things without any specific intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment