Sunday, July 15, 2018

BVA203 S2W2 : Three Jobs

We were tasked with finding three jobs that we have an interest in, acquire their details and contact the employers to find out what the salary range is.

Last time I took the piss a bit, but it made me realize I can be as ambitious as I want, so I asked myself - What do I want to do?

Netflix

I think Netflix is a big part of the future of film and is one of the biggest entities in the industry that would actually provide funding for New Zealand and other international filmmakers, more so than what our government can do. Getting my foot in the door now wouldn't be a bad thing at all, so what do they have to offer?

Looking into it I soon realised that it would require relocation since Netflix is not based out of, and have no setups, in New Zealand. This obviously makes everything much more complicated.

SKY

One of the big providers of film related work (TV in this case) is SKY and I happen to not be so far removed from it. By happen I mean that I have met like one person at SKY because they were at the same gig as us (although working adjacently and there was no real overlap) and he was just a lowly camera operator.

So jobs at SKY? Internship at SKY.

I found that they have an internship that they offer to

NZ Film Commision?

No comments:

Post a Comment