Sunday, October 28, 2018

BSA 227 W15 : Filming First Scene

This week I filmed one scene from my script, specifically the speech that Dwayne gives about fire safety.

It was not my original intention to film this scene first, and if I did I wanted to film more at SIT - like the encounter with the hooded figure and the coroner flash back. My goal was to start with the scenes at the house, on Day 1 of filming I wanted to film the opening scene as well as the showdown with the Cleric.

Things did not go to plan, I only had a two hour gap on the first day to film, before shooting someone else's project and after getting gear. This meant it was easier to film at SIT and it also meant that I couldn't get that many shots done.

I have to film the rest next week - I am thinking Tuesday. Will have to cut down what I can film since there are two other projects on that day.

The problem with filming this scene is that it has no planned VFX shots in it, the whole point of this paper and assessment. I could potentially composite something onto the whiteboard and try to do it well enough that the viewer doesn't notice, but we'll have to see how it goes with next week.







No comments:

Post a Comment